Wednesday, November 05, 2014

NaNoWriMo

I don't think I mentioned, that - in addition to everything else - I'm also working my way to kick NaNoWriMo's butt this month. I'm sure you'll be shocked when I tell you that my story started out as a fan-fic (and might still wind up as one, we'll see how far I stray from characters, time lines, etc.: It's definitely AU already, so we'll see). Given that I'm still reading (99%) Avengers fan-fic at an astonishing rate - can I make my way through an entire character tag? All 3406 (and growing) stories? Oh, I think I can. I think if it's a challenge, it's personally, totally doable.

So my current word count is 11,226, which was kind of shocking, and awesome, and somehow I'm up over 11 thousand (and 1/5th of the way done!) even though I felt like I'm writing basically fluff and nothingness, and it all comes so quickly, and I've got all sorts of "INSERT PLOT POINT HERE'" notations in the text, for all the stuff I'm going to have to fill in later, but: the words are coming, and maybe keeping me semi-sane in the land of chaos, grief and 'I'm totally out of my depth here, what the hell do I do"-ness.

Stucky fan-fic; rambling here, there, and anywhere my family can't see, and occasional frozen treats ~ things that are getting me through today.

And today was a bad one, folks. Hope yours is going better

No comments: